Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day Eleven: Away I Go

I have been in Calgary a couple of days now and I have found it a little more relaxing. So much had to be done in Vancouver that it had a bit of a cloud over it. Not much, but I was always commuting somewhere or working on this or that. Here, since the bulk of things are done, I am relaxing more and reflecting more on my trip and the experiences and people I've met so far.

Everyday it feels like I have some significant conversation with someone or a strange encounter. Each one reminding me of where I am in relation to things. How I have changed so much and my perspective is becoming more and more uniquely my own. Each person has challenged or reinforced or encouraged me. This has been good for me and I am definitely glad I have decided to spend the money to do something I hadn't been able to in Winnipeg while I worked and that is to connect to other people. Theoretically, I could have done all of this in Winnipeg, but there are people I don't get to see or talk to often and besides I am getting fodder for conversations back home.

In essence I feel like I am going through my own personal version of "Away We Go". By the way, if you have not, go and buy it or rent it and watch it and fall in love with life again. You need to read that previous sentence with Will Ferrel's James Lipton impersonation from "Inside the Actor's Studio". Each place I go has it's own distinct feel and distinct impact and reflection. It has been great to help me prepare for the Camp Ministry Team that I will be doing this summer.

I am in a vastly different place now than I was when I first was on Covenant Bible College's TEAM back in 2002. The eight years have taught me, broken me and have grown me. I just noticed that I like to use a lot of lists of descriptions. Strange. Anyway, although my theology and outlook has changed, at the same time I am still the same essence of the person that I was before.

When I get back, I will be heading back into the crunch time of putting the show together and I hope it works out. I like to think about the grand picture and my place in it and all of that theoretical stuff, but I need to make sure I get the things done that need to get done. Get back to bringing the theoretical into the practical.

"Well I have been searching all my days,
All my days
Many a road, you know
I've been walking on
All of my days
And I've been trying to find
What's been in my mind
As the days keep changing into nights"
- "All My Days" from Alexi Murdoch's album "Time Without Consequence"

No comments: