Friday, January 12, 2007

It's Just Upsetting Because the Mafia Never Pulls Through

I can't help but think of the 24 day that I'm planning. For those of you don't know, last May, I put together a 24 day for my friend and fellow fanatic of the show, Chris Klowak. It was a gift for him getting married. Or at least that is what I said. Some of you are probably thinking that all days are 24 days. But you are missing the point and making me angry. In my 24 days, I give a person the opportunity to become the main character from the show, Jack Bauer. He then runs around the city saving the world from a terrorist attack. Mind you, it is more like an overly elaborate treasure hunt filled with actors and a story line and tasks. The main reason for this is because I don't know any real terrorists. If you want to read about last year's 24 day, go to my July 20th entry for a full disclosure of the story line.

Anyway, I have been planning this year's and I am so happy with some of the ideas that I've come up with. It should be really good. Big changes this year, too. For one, it will be a full 24 hour period. I have a plane at my disposal and I might have access to a chemistry lab (fingers crossed). I plan on having a section of it in another city where I'll have people there helping me out.

The biggest question I get about this is how can I afford to rent a plane and pay the cell phone bills and hire Abe Vigoda to make a special guest appearance and I tell them that I have the financial backing of the mafia. People immediately recognize that as a lie and then tell me to tell the truth. Then I tell them that it is from my tax return. But that's a lot less exciting than the mafia thing. And that is when I put out the contract for their hit with the mafia that I don't know. It's just upsetting because the mafia never pulls through. I mean I put thirty grand of my hard earned dollars into an envelope marked "The Mafia" into the mail and they have the audacity to take my money and not do anything? That's bad business.

No comments: