Friday, January 26, 2007

I Was Not Able to Come Up With More Fart Jokes For Your Amusement

My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I still don't know what I want to do. I have these other great ideas that I'm putting together and I just don't want to try to come up with more creative things to do for it. I mean, considering few people would come out to it and the day generally sucks for me anyway (with the exception of my 2005 birthday extraordinaire). It seems like more and more of my friends are getting busier and busier and I can't spend as much time with them as I used to and time is just flowing by.

I would love a kick butt birthday, but that requires effort on somebody's part. I did that last year and it was fun, but with this script that I'm supposed to be finishing and a very special side project that I'm working on, I don't want to think of anything or really put in effort for mid-February.

Some people would shrug their shoulders and say that my birthday party or some play that I'm writing or the 24 day shouldn't bother me because I am not required to do them. That I shouldn't stress over getting it done. But I do push myself to do more so that memories are created. I don't want to go through life just working and sitting home playing video games or reading books. I want life to have more meat on it's bones. I would rather do something that would inspire books.

And all of that requires action. So I just do things. And I just wish that I didn't have to be the one putting things together and rather get to just enjoy it every once in a while.

Although, really, I should be grateful. I mean, the Colvinsons and Jo Spoor (her married name escapes me...) and others put together such an amazing birthday for me and it was the coolest day of my life (and I'm not just exaggerating).

I guess, I just want something to always look forward to. I don't want to be one of those guys who always looks back remembering the good old days. I want to participate and create the good old days to come.

Money would be the answer to this one. Just a big pile of money. And maybe a pimped out car. And maybe unrestricted access to government property. And maybe Matthew Fox.

Probably, I should just be quiet, continue to push on and just let life happen. It's just that life sucks sometimes and I want to fight that but would like some help.

So in review of this, I kind of realized that this one wasn't so funny. I apologize. I was not able to come up with more fart jokes for your amusement. I guess that's why Larry the Cable Guy will always be considered funnier than me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of 24, um, I'm not going to lie to you. There's more eye rolls and laughter then there should be for a season of 24. Sigh. Life goes on I suppose....barely.

David Rae said...

Are you talking about the new season of 24? Because if you are, you are clearly addicted to crack or mayonaise and most definitely a heretic. I mean, they detonated a nuclear bomb in a city! That hasn't been done on any TV show. If you need counselling, I'm willing to do that for you and get you back on the right path.