Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Took Exaggeration to a Dinner and a Movie and Made It Fall in Love With Me and Then It Catches Me Making Out With It's Mother

I figure that was enough time to leave you waiting with bated breath. Is that how you spell bated? Or is it baited? Either way, it's about time to start writing in this old blog with new fangled settings and the like. I like it. I have more control of what this looks like. Somewhat. I still know little about this HTML garbage. And despite what people tell me, I refuse to get a MySpace page.

It's been such a long time that I don't know where to begin even. Kind of like this play that I'm writing. Hey, nice segway me. Wait, that just ruined the segway. Anytime you hear the comment, "Nice segway" that immediately takes the grandness of the segway and destroys it. I should know this by now! So back to my play. Which will look like crap now due to the fumble of that segway. That was a bad fumble. It was like taking the Venus De Milo and putting make-up on it and then using a hammer to destroy it. Using a hammer to destroy it? What kind of exaggeration was that? I mean, exaggeration can be good in moderation, but that was ridiculous. It was like I took exaggeration to a dinner and a movie and made it fall in love with me and then it catches me making out with it's mother.

So this play, I'm writing. It's going terribly. I said I would have it done by the new year and I am not going to make it. Besides, as you can tell from the lack luster writing in the rest of this blog, I have nothing left. It's all garbage, some of which is currently on fire.

The play is about Stan Ostrowski, my character that I've developped and performed for the last five years. 2007 would mark the 20th anniversary of him winning the 1987 Provincial Championship and he's going to do a big blow-out gala. It turns out however that a whole bunch of stuff happens and hilarious chaos ensues. Unfortunately, the chaos make lose the "hilarious" modifier as it turns out that I am only capable of doing comedy in 4 minute segments. Anyways, if you'd like to see a copy of some parts of the play that I've completed, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment, I guess. Is that what the kids do these days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave. Let me tell you. I miss you. No lie. I really do. Send me a copy of your play if you so desire. I'm not italian, so it's hard to be the coolest person in leamington when that's the case...therefore, i would love to read your play. It may inspire me to a new level of coolness.