Sunday, March 12, 2006

Even a Guy Who Really Likes Marshmallows Would Say That 80 Marshmallows Are Too Many Marshmallows

I have found that I have developed a full immunity to swearing. I mean I hardly notice it anymore. For example, I watched "The Weatherman" and it was an alright movie, but as we were discussing it later at the store, somebody made the comment that it was full of profanity and then I paused for a moment and realized I could not recall the movie being all sweary.

I mean, the movie was about a weatherman. He wasn't really in danger ever. Are these people making up stuff about the movie. So then I looked at the back of the movie and under the heading "Profanity" it said "Approximately 80 uses" and my jaw dropped. That's a lot of swears. A lot for two hours of movie. Especially a movie with Michael Caine. He's a classy guy. Although he was in Austin Powers.

But seriously, eighty? That's like forty every hour. And going by my standard of marshmallow measure, that a little much. I mean, I like marshmallows just as much as any guy, but eighty marshmallows? Even a guy who really like marshmallows would say that 80 marshmallows are too many marshmallows.

And I didn't even notice it. At all. I was recommending to small children and nuns for goodness' sake. Now nobody trusts my judgment. And I'm bloated from eating all those mallows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have developed a complete tolerance for swearing. In fact, I've managed to drown out most forms of audio communication, and I've done it for cheap too. By simply inserting a bite-sized marshmellow in each ear, you too can block out the world around you! Never again hear those annoying radio ads where two people talk back and forth with eachother! Act Now! Order your Ear-mellows Today!

PLUS! Anyone who calls in the next 30 minutes will also recieve at no additional charge the Hearing Spade. A wonder of modern technology, the Hearing Spade lets you silence those you'd rather not listen to. Simply smack them in the jaw with this travel-sized, 20 lbs shovel for Instant Silence. Quanities are limited, may not be exactly as shown.

Anonymous said...

We also support the rights and privelages of Marshmellows.

Please see our website for details.