Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Mystical Journey of Wonder and Imagineering


A lot of people who may stumble across this page might look at this site and wonder who is this illustrious individual who seems to have his life put together. For the last time get off my property and peeking in through my window! Anyways, for many people who know me, "Mr. Chapel" has been a significant part of my life for the past year. Man, that sounds like I'm having an affair or something. Anyway, Mr. Chapel is the name of the sketch comedy show that I wrote and performed all over western Canada and some of the States. It was a show that grabbed people by the wrist and led them through a mystical journey of wonder and imagineering without the aid of hallucinigenic substances, and said to them, "Hey, come with me and I'll show you what flying over the rainbow of hope really means."

More accurately it was out to wreck havoc in the complacent and challenge people to think instead of resting on their intellectual laurels and eat the fattening ice cream of mindless faith and then they get the perverbial spare tire of passionless ritualism or the flabby arms of staunch ignorance and then it gets to the point that they are trapped inside their house of a mundane life. Mr. Chapel is like the life-saving liposuction for these people and I am like the doctor who does the liposuction and gets paid millions of dollars. Except I have jack squat, so I'm like the guy that does it free out of his basement using a spoon and a vaccuum cleaner and three feet of fishing line. Wait, somewhere along the line I lost my analogy.

Point is that Mr. Chapel was a great time and you can see in this picture my Mr. Chapel crew.

In the days to come I'll probably post more stuff about my adventurous summer.

That's enough blogging for today. Sweet merciful sanitation officer, there's got to be a better word for blogging than blogging. It seems like I have the stomach flu and the partially moldy tuna sandwich I had at lunch is coming back to haunt me.

No comments: